Jeannette Allyn Petrick
· Instructor/Director: Sho Kosugi Institute (Nagoya, Japan).
· Instructor/Director: Professional Actors’ Training Program, Univ. of Wash. (Seattle, WA).
· Guest Director: International Theatre Festivals, Gdansk and Bydgoszsc (Poland).
· Director/Choreographer: 16 musicals/50 plays for Idaho and California school districts.
· Director: Summer theatre productions in California, Idaho, Washington and Montana.
· Artistic Director/Choreographer: Casa de la Cultura (Guayaquil, Ecuador).
· Guest performer: Grotowski heritage acting company (Torun, Poland).
· Featured actress: View Askew Films under Kevin Smith (Red Bank, New Jersey).
· Director: Artist-in-the-schools theatre/dance programs, Western States Arts Federation.
· Director: Drama programs, Washington State Educational, Cultural Enrichment Program.
· Host: Weekly PBS talk show featuring local performing artists (Moscow, Idaho).
· Guest Choreographor for ballet companies/symphony orchestras in five major US cities.
· Guest directed and choreographed for the State Ballet of Poland (Warsaw).
· Guest directed and choreographed for the State Ballet of Ecuador (Guayaquil).
· Guest directed and choreographed for the Ontario Ballet Theatre (Toronto, Canada).
· Artistic Director, Ballet Folk of Moscow/American Festival Ballet (Moscow/Boise, ID).
· Artistic Director, Napa Valley Ballet & School (Napa, CA).
· Co-Artistic Director, Spokane Civic Theatre.
FORTY-FIVE YEARS INSTRUCTING DANCE AND THEATRE ARTS
Associate professor of Theatre Arts/Dance at six American universities:
· Performing Arts Instructor, California/Idaho/Washington/Illinois public schools.
· Instructor, ballet schools in Washington/Idaho/Illinois/California/Indiana/New Mexico.
· Guest instructor/choreographer, State Ballet Academy (Warsaw, Poland).
· Guest instructor/choreographer, Quebec Performing Arts Academy (Chicoutimi, Quebec).
· Guest instructor/choreographer, Ontario Ballet Theatre (Toronto, Ontario).
· Guest instructor/director, Sho Kosugi Arts Institute (Nagoya, Japan).
· Guest instructor/choreographer, Casa de la Cultura (Guayaquil, Ecuador).
· Founder/director, Festival Arts Academy in residence at the University of Idaho.
· B.A. (Theatre Arts) cum laude, San Francisco State University.
· B.S. (English/Arts Education) cum laude, University of Idaho.
· M.A. (Theater Arts/Directing), University of Idaho.
· Secondary Teaching Certification in the states of California and Idaho.
· Ten years training with San Francisco Ballet under Lew Christiansen.
· Emily Muller music scholarship (piano).
· Children’s Theatre Playwriting scholarship, San Francisco State University.
· Five-year performance scholarship, San Francisco Conservatory of Theatre Arts.
· Governor’s Medal for Excellence in the Arts.
· National Endowment for the Arts Choreography Fellowship.
· National Endowment for the Arts full production grants.
· Two medals from the British Council for theatre productions overseas.
· Civic theatre awards for direction, choreography and lighting.
· Partners-of-the-Americas’ commendation for service in the arts.
· President’s Certificate of Excellence (Quito, Ecuador).
· Full production grant awards from the Dance Touring Program of the NEA.
· Full production grant awards from the Western States Arts Federation.
· Seed grant and ongoing funding from the Idaho State Arts Council.
· Five-year grant from the Washington State Educational, Cultural & Enrichment Program.
Alice in Wonderland, The Creative Endeavor. U of I Press, 1981.
Viva La Company. U of I, 1976.
(1) Director, Casa De La Cultura: Guayaquil, Ecuador.
(2) Artistic Director, National Ballet of Ecuador.
(3) Guest Choreographer, Canadian Council on the Arts: Ontario (1986), Quebec (1983). (4) Guest Instructor, The Polish Ministry of Education: Torun, Poland.
(5) Guest Instructor/Choreographer, Polish National Ballet School.
(6) Guest Instructor/Artistic Director, Sho Kosugi Institute: Nagoya, Japan.
(7) Peace Corps Volunteer (1992-1994).
(8) Ambassador for the Partners-of-the-Americas: Ecuador.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (1965-2018)
Current Production Staff: Jarvis Conservatory Theatre.
2006-2016 Artistic Director/Choreographer: Napa Valley Ballet.
2005-2006 Director Certificated Theatre Arts/Dance Instructor: Santa Barbara Union School District And San Mateo School District.
Santa Barbara/San Mateo, California
2003-2005 Certificated Drama/English Instructor, Napa School District.
2001-2003 Chair/Instructor: Performing Arts Dept., Wildwood School.
Los Angeles, California
1999-2001 Director/Choreographer/Instructor, Sho Kosugi Arts Institute.
1994-1999 Dance/Drama Instructor, Hailey Union School District.
Dance Instructor, Clara Spiegel School Of The Arts.
Sun Valley, Idaho
1992-1994 Theatre Arts/English Professor, Copernicus University (Nkjo).
Guest Ballet Instructor, State Ballet Of Poland.
Warsaw And Torun, Poland
1989-1992 Adjunct Professor Of Ballet, University Of Idaho.
1986-1987 Faculty: Drama Department, University Of Washington.
Faculty: Dance Department, Cornish Institute.
1983-1986 Associate Professor Of Ballet, Butler University.
1980-1983 Dance Instructor/Choreographer, Chicago City Ballet.
Theatre Instructor, Chicago School For The Performing Arts.
1970-1980 Founder/Artistic Director, Ballet Folk Of Moscow (Ballet Idaho).
1965-1970 Artistic Director, Spokane Civic Theatre, Commedia Du Crest.
Duluth Concert Ballet (Minnesota); National Ballet Of Ecuador (Guayaquil); National Ballet School In Warsaw (Poland); Wichita Civic Ballet (Kansas); Santa Fe Armory For The Arts (New Mexico); Ontario Ballet Theatre (Canada); American Festival Ballet (Idaho); Indianapolis Ballet Theatre (Indiana); Butler Ballet (Indiana); Idaho Public Theatre (Idaho); Idaho Repertory Theatre (Idaho); Sandpoint Civic Theatre (Idaho); Washington State University (Pullman, Washington); San Francisco State University (California); Santa Barbara Union School District (California); Napa Valley Union School District (California); San Mateo Union School District (California); Spokane Civic Theatre (Washington); Spokane Symphony (Washington); Seattle Symphony (Washington); Washington/Idaho Symphony (Pullman, Washington); Butler Symphony (Indianapolis, Indiana); Port Angeles Symphony (Washington); Yakima Symphony (Washington); Boise Symphony (Idaho); Boise String Ensemble (Idaho); Napa Youth Symphony (California); Rimsky-Korsakov String Quartet (St. Petersburg, Russia); Napa Valley Symphony (California); Eugene Symphony (Oregon); Salem Philharmonia Orchestra (Oregon).
Ceremony On The Open Plains, History Of The Unsung, Hosannah!, The Rainmaker, The Nutcracker, Swan Lake (Complete), Coppelia, Les Sylphides, Sleeping Beauty (Excerpts), The Bacchantes, Anna Christy, Viva La Company!, A Franklin Adage, Overture!, Affaire De Couer, Cinderella (Scenes), Variations, Faux-Pas De Deux, Persephone And Demeter, This Property Is Condemned, Impromptu, Portrait Of A Young Dancer, L’ecole De Danse, Beauty And The Beast, Intimations Of Immortality, Petrouchka, Weddingfest, Firebird, Esprit De Corps, Blood Wedding, Galop!, Portrait Of A Madonna, Rhapsody In Blue, Le Grand Cirque De Ballet, Scenes De Ballet, The Magic Toyshop, Simple Gifts, Les Oiseaux, Invitation To The Dance, Beatlemania, Gift Of The Magi, Divertimento, Six Princesses, The Firebird, Napa Valley Romanza, Schoene Nacht, Valse D’amelie, Dracula, Wine Country Nutcracker, Cheers!, L’histore Du Soldat, Dance Of The Polovtsian Maidens, Frankenstein.
Romeo And Juliet, As You Like It, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Twelfth Night.
Barefoot In The Park, Blithe Spirit, Private Lives, The Death And Life Of Sneaky Fitch, Hay Fever, The World Of Shalom Alecheim, You Can’t Take It With You, The Bald Soprano, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Tartuffe, The Imaginary Invalid, School For Scandal, The Importance Of Being Ernest, Caesar And Cleopatra, The Dining Room.
Anastasia, Frankenstein, Dracula, Inherit The Wind, Spoon River Anthology, The Glass Menagerie, Summer And Smoke, A Streetcar Named Desire, A View From The Bridge, Lysistrata, Twelve Angry Men, The Diary Of Anne Frank, This Property Is Condemned, The Lady Of Larkspur Lotion, Waiting For Godot, America Hurrah, The Maids, The Bad Seed, The Hairy Ape, The Dining Room, Impromptu.
The Fantasticks, Oklahoma, West Side Story, Carnival, Annie Get Your Gun, The Music Man, Celebration, Carousel, Once Upon A Mattress, La Fiesta De La Posada, The Soldier’s Tale, The Magic Wishbone, Fame, Godspell, Hair, The Boyfriend.
Alice In Wonderland, The Elves And The Shoemaker, Pierrot And Pierrette, The Red Shoes, Toad Of Toad Hall, Cinderella, Jack And The Beanstalk, Androcles And The Lion.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (Classes Offered)
Theatre Arts - Basics Of Performance, Introduction to the Theatre, Lighting Design, Theatre Practicum, Acting/Directing Workshop, Introduction to the Theatre, Organization For Production, Design And Construction, Speech, Oral Interpretation, Scene Study, Musical Theatre, Repertory Theatre, Aesthetics, Theatre History, Make-Up, Children’s Theatre, Mime, Theatre Dance.
Dance - Pre-Ballet, Beginning Ballet, Intermediate/Advanced Ballet, Pre- Professional Ballet, Performing Techniques, Pointe, Variations, Pas De Deux, Character, Jazz, Theatre Dance, Mime, Lighting For Dance, Costuming/Make-Up, Dance History, Choreography, Dance Production.